Thursday 30 April 2009

Spring???


"One swallow does not make a summer, neither does one fine day; similarly one day or brief time of happiness does not make a person entirely happy."

Good old Aristotle, I reckon he was a glass half empty sort of chap!
But he may have had a point about the swallow though. I saw my first two on Sunday while enjoying driving though the Cheshire country side in glorious sunshine. They were swooping out of a farm barn chittering as they went (probably going on about the state of the place & wondering whether it was worth popping over to Ikea).
Sending a silent prayer to the goddess of camping (yes, it's staycation for us), I speculated out loud, to my other half, about the coming of summer...
I have now switched the heating back on and am grateful for not being able to disconnect my electric blanket on my bed!

No comments: